May 23, 2011

Waxing Mishap = Lesson Learned

Two weeks ago, I thought it would be a great idea to start waxing my underarms myself  instead of shaving them (which I hate!)  I went to Target on my lunch hour, picked out some wax strips, then patiently waited while the hair grew to the right length to wax. (gross I know)  Saturday, I got out of the shower and decided it was *time* so I followed the directions, applied the strip to my underarm, and yanked.  Let me just say, "OOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW" and not all the hair came off.  I did however get some hair, skin, and drew blood.  Great....and OUCH!  Determined person that I am, I kept reapplying the strip to the unwaxed areas in an attempt to be successful. 

I even enlisted the help of Mr.CooksALot who took one look at me, winced, agreed to pull it off me, and counted to three before he yanked.  This only worked partially.  He then declared I needed to forget the wax, get my razor, and do it the painless way.  I stood there with one slightly fuzzy/waxed/bleeding armpit and contemplated having to shave off what was left of that one and do the other unscathed one fully.  I shaved off what was left and decided my lesson has been learned.  I WILL NEVER DO THIS AGAIN!  I may however try to see how the results are and get it done professionally.  Hopefully, my esthetician fares much better than I did.  If not, I guess I'm stuck shaving.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are your thoughts?