Jun 20, 2011

Vacation from PA Land

I am taking a week off; once I step out the door this afternoon, I am on vacation!  I get to be home with the hubby and kids now that they're out of school and I am looking forward to it.  But, Monday is my one cloud in this vacation.  I have an appointment for a diagnostic test that has me a little worried, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.  My thoughts are bouncing back and forth from optimism to worry.   Cancer is scary. . . . . but it might not be cancer, it could be a cyst that will be aspirated!  Within my family at present, I have two people diagnosed with cancer within the last year, so I am fervently hoping I am not number three. 

(sigh) If it is what I'm hoping it isn't, at least we can begin treatment to prevent disease progression.

On a brighter note, I will be able to get some stuff done, maybe attend a baseball game with the family, get in some much needed cooking, knitting, sewing done.  Poor SoftballGirl has been waiting a month for me to finish her summer pajamas because I got caught up in my new addiction: loom knitting.  I'll be able to devote more time to getting some exercise in (theoretically anyway), get reaquainted with my Bowflex, and possibly start on my half marathon training.  I'm talking about walking, not running. (at first)

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are your thoughts?