Jun 28, 2011

Out of the mouths of kids

I post my monthly schedule on the fridge so my family knows what shifts I work at any given time during the month.  SoftballGirl looked at the schedule and said, "Mommy, I don't like Snort!"  I asked her why, as she hasn't met him before.  "He gets the good shift, you have to leave before we wake up, and it isn't fair!"   Of course, Mousie hears this and chimes in too, "I don't like him either, he's mean!"  I just smiled and told them that since I work early, that means I'm off early, so we get to play Mario Cart, ride bikes, go places, or play games together before dinnertime and we don't get that opportunity if I work the shift that primarily is Snort's.  I also reassured them, that once school starts again, I will be on a rotating schedule so I get to work that shift and take them to school.

I think that means my kids love me and miss me in the mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are your thoughts?