- We had some unusually large amounts of snowfall in the mountains this winter
- now the snow is melting, feeding the rivers
- melting snow is still cold, therefore, the river is colder=more deadly
- rafting on an unusually swollen, exponentially swifter river may not be a good idea=bad idea, likely deadly
- we have no life jackets=bad idea!!!!!!!
Jun 22, 2011
Things that drive me nuts
I was catching up on some local news via my beloved Yahoo! homepage this morning when I found an article about 4 idiots who decided to go rafting without life jackets, they overturned, and were clinging to a tree in hopes they would not drown. Some bystanders had to call EMS to rescue them, they were all rescued, and walked off unharmed. Here's where I want to scream because anyone with a brain in their head would realize the following: