Aug 18, 2011

Gross, simply gross

I just got a request for some lidocaine/hydrocortisone cream for a patient.  The diagnosis wasn't just hemorrhoids, no, no.  It was so much more descriptive!  This patient has. . .. . . .wait for it. . . . . .here it comes:  hemorrhoids NOS (not otherwise specified) with necrosis.  Yep, I said necrosis.  As in: Death of a cell or group of cells as a result of injury, disease, or other pathologic state. 
(dry heave)
Her hemorrhoids are likely becoming blackened as the tissue cells are dying.  The mental pictures are more horrifying than I can explain!  All I can say is EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!  Poor woman!  Oh, and here's the cherry on top: she's got a bun in the oven. 

Here is my minimal emesis inducing example of necrosis:


And now, I have shared.  (shudder)

Well, off to lunch now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are your thoughts?