Jul 28, 2011

Feeling Naked

Yes, it is true, I am feeling naked today.  I don't know what to do.  There is nothing for me to do until I go home at the end of my day.  How am I naked at work?  I'm not entirely naked, I am dressed properly, wearing heels, and in looking at me, one would not be able to tell unless they focused on my hands. 

I removed my wedding ring and my favorite sapphire ring that I wear daily, before I got in the shower last night.  I looked at my rings on the counter this morning while I was getting ready, but they did not end up on my fingers.  Therefore, I am naked.  I don't like being naked, it actually makes me acutely aware of their absence.  I am also aware of how obsessively I touch the bottom of my wedding ring throughout the day. 

Today, I feel my finger, not my ring.  I feel guilty.  I know I didn't do anything wrong, it was 5:00 this morning, my brain was still in a patchy fog at that time, and I didn't put them back on.  Oddly I feel like I'm misrepresenting my marital status today as the result of a mistake.

Weird, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what are your thoughts?